Wednesday 6 March 2013

Movies and Media: Review


Of all of the blogs I could have chosen to do a review on I choose to do my review on Eugene Calvin Shon’s blog, because I like how he has done his whole on movie reviews and in my lifetime I have watched a lot movies from all genres. For this review, I will firstly discuss how well he has kept his blog on movie reviews, what genre each movie has chosen from, and will also discuss the effectiveness of his choice in background, his choice in layout and how it is effecting my opinion on this blog.

For the whole, Eugene has managed to keep his blog focused on movie reviews, throughout the posts he maintained a focal point on the review and not breaking off and really blabbering on, and so the that the blog created a good image in your head. For example, he introduced the suggested movie, talked about the actors the talked a bit about what happened in the movie. These examples are good because he didn't exactly stick to the TEEEC format which is different and worked for me in this case, and was as if he was talking to you as normal and not in a formal way. This made, for me a bigger emphasis in a little way, which made it more interesting for me to read.

The background used by Eugene was a positive choice in background though it would be better if he had a background that was related to the topic. It’s important to use an effective and interesting background so that the viewer stays interested. Eugene chose his background as if he didn't really care. This wasn't effective because it was a simple background design. However, this background was still bright and colourful, despite its irrelevant, and the design and format of his page somewhat made up for that. Whilst in planning stage Eugene should have put more thought into the background image to make sure that it was relevant and interesting.

Overall, Eugene’s blog was interestingly written and followed his instructions for his blog. It was easy to read and kept me focused on the text, also he used a wide amount of relevant images to each part of his blog. The only changes I would suggest to the writer is that he changes his background image and out more thought into the planning stage of his blog. Finally this blog was an interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment