Wednesday 20 February 2013

Future Plans



This post is about my future plan for when I finish collage. I intend to join the Royal Australian Army through the Australian Defence Force Academy and also through Royal Military Collage Duntroon. I want to do multiple degrees, jobs and to do as much as I can for Australia. At first I want to do a degree in electrical and mechanical engineering, and then become an Armoured Core Officer, though if I can I want to join the Special Air Service Regiment.

I wanted to join the army since I was 10, and it was only until recent years I knew what I wanted to do in the army. I want to a degree in electrical and mechanical engineering. I choose this of all things I could do because if I ever chose to leave the army I would have something to do so, I have narrowed it down to a group of choices and I chose to do a degree in electrical and mechanical engineering. To get accepted into the Australian Defence Force Academy you will have to be 18 years of age, and for the degree in mechanical engineering you will have to have an 85 HSC in English, mathematics, physics and chemistry. I wanted to do mechanical engineering because I like creating new things and challenging myself. After I complete the service years, I want to be an Armoured Core Officer. In this job you travel in an armoured vehicle doing multiple objectives right in the danger, and will also be securing areas of interest. What I really want to do is become an officer in the Special Air Service Regiment. Officers in the SAS do basically everything physical. The soldiers being deployed over to Afghanistan are SAS and Special Service Personnel.

I want to do this because I was inspired by my grandfather. My grandfather was a Captain in the army for 20 years and a Group Captain in the air force for 38 years, and he talk a lot about his history with the armed forces and he has inspired me to the same if not better. I’m also inspired by other soldiers for example the three most recent VC holders. VC stands for Victorian Cross and is given to soldiers for their valour hence why it’s called the Victorian Cross for Valour. The most recent three VC holders are Mark Donaldson 2008, War in Afghanistan, Special Air Service Regiment, Ben Roberts-Smith 2010 War in Afghanistan Special Air Service Regiment and Daniel Keighran 2010, War in Afghanistan, 6th Battalion Royal Australian Regiment. All three VC are located at the Australian War Memorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment