Thursday 21 February 2013

Sporting Experiences


Over the years I have had multiple sporting experiences and in soccer and baseball. I have been doing each for a number of years. I also play a large variety of other sports from pin-pong to rugby. I enjoy playing multiple sports because they are fun and provides new challenges within each sport. Over the years after playing multiple sports my confidence and ability to work in a team and as team, and also the ability to lead has improved immensely.

The first sport I played was soccer. I started when I was 4 years old and have been playing ever since, all up I have been playing for 10 years. During those years my team and I have won the title of ACT Champions, which was pretty awesome. I enjoy this sport because it requires a lot of team work and coordination. Soccer is different to a lot of other sports for example rugby union, they stay in one line and move from one side of the field to another and whilst in one line the ball generally moves up and down the line. This is different to soccer because you have to use lots of coordination for multiple manoeuvres, also the ball in the game goes everywhere. I like playing soccer because it’s different and because the amount of teamwork.

The second sport I play is baseball. I’ve been playing baseball for 5 years. My team and I are currently top of the ladder. This season I have hit multiple doubles, triples and I have hit multiple home runs. I play u16's and in this game the high end pitchers throw the ball at 70mph to 85mph. I decide to play this sport because I only played soccer in the winter and I wasn’t playing a sport in the summer, so I had the option of playing cricket or baseball, so I chose baseball. I chose baseball because it was so different to soccer. It is an entirely different from kicking a ball around a field and scoring goals, in baseball your fielding the ball around the bases using different tactics to win the game.

I play a large variety of other sports outside weekend sports, like at school and during Physical Education. Some sports I play are rugby union, rugby league, basketball and many other sports. I also compete in the Athletics Carnivals, such as 100m sprints to 1500m to relays events. Some field events I compete in are shot put, discus, long jump, triple jump and javelin. In 2012 I came 1st in javelin at my school, throwing 49.80m on a wet day, then come 2nd at Zone Athletics and then coming 4th at ACT Athletics. Overall I’m pretty proud of my achievements in the athletics.

I enjoy playing sports because they keep me fit and healthy, it also immensely improves my skill set in courage teamwork, initiative and leadership, I encourage anyone and everyone to get up and be active, not staying in their rooms and playing computer games, or video games, I don’t think it’s healthy doing that and ruining their eyes and health. Overall do something active like a sport.


No comments:

Post a Comment